Friday, March 1, 2013

Glimmer of Hope

It's been a rough week.  A really rough week.  I still have not fully recovered from my very first pregnancy blues meltdown, and on top of that, I have hardly been sleeping.  I have tried taking an over-the-counter sleep aid recommended by my doctor, but still, I can't seem to fall asleep for more than an hour at a time.  All of this, and some tidbits in my personal life, have really added up to put me in an emotional slump.

I know this is normal, but what makes it even harder is that I am really good at being happy.  Whatever happens, I just grin and bear it.  It makes me angry to think of wasting my time being sad, and I always FIGHT to be happy, no matter what life throws at me.  But this week, I have dissolved into tears several times a day, and I can barely speak to anyone without wanting to cry about something.

As usual, God knows when I need a little pick-me-up.  A few weeks ago, I wrote about the power of proclamation and my use of proclamation in my job hunting.  I must admit that I have not followed it as closely as I should have in the last week, but God is merciful and knows that I am a little beside myself at the moment.  Today, I got another little glimmer of hope, this time about a job that would actually be much better in every way than the real estate attorney position for which I interviewed.

The job is with the federal government, which means the pay would be pretty good, and the benefits would be awesome.  This would be a dream job for me because I could make enough money to support myself and baby boy (coming in July) if my husband were not able to work.  Most importantly, I would have decent hours, which are not easy to come by as an attorney, and I would be able to spend more time with our son.

There is no guarantee of employment at this time.  All I have received are two emails, one which arrived yesterday and said that if I didn't hear from them within 24 hours, thanks but no thanks and one which arrived today and said that my application has been reviewed and determined to meet their qualifications, so it has been forwarded on for further review.  Of course, none of this even means I will have an interview, but it really helps me to keep the faith as I continue to wait.

More to come on this note, hopefully soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment