Friday, March 29, 2013

Starting the Day with Jesus

Yesterday, I came across a great post from The Deliberate Mom entitled Start Your Day With God.  It made me think about my usual morning routine, and often the first thing I do is pop open my laptop and start working on the blog.  After about fifteen minutes, I usually switch to job hunting, which is an ongoing activity throughout the day.  I usually apply for at least a few jobs every day, which takes additional time.  The rest of the time I spend doing some work around the house, gardening if the weather is nice, and working, working, working on the blog.Daily Devotionals

Often, I am so preoccupied with other things that I forget to just take time to stop and read my Bible and take time to talk to God throughout the day.  That is the opposite of how I am supposed to spend my time.  I Thessalonians 5:16-18 says, "Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

photo.JPG

Rejoice always.  There's a real challenge if I ever heard one!  

Yesterday, after waiting more than a month to get back to work, I got a call about a project starting on Monday.  I was so excited, but when they told me how long the project would last, I realized I would not be able to do it because of when we leave for Europe.  I was really disappointed because I am waiting to start a business until I have the funding.  All I need to get started is about $1,000, so if I could just get a few weeks of work, I would be ready to rock.  Instead, for some reason, I keep getting called for projects that end up not happening.  It is even worse than just not getting the call at all, because when the number shows up on my phone, I get so excited.

However, today I am going to stop doing what my human self tells me to do and start doing what the Bible tells me to do.  (That sounds like such a simple and obvious plan, and yet, I forget to follow it so often.)  My prayer for today is:
Lord Jesus, I thank You for always providing for me.  I thank You that today I sit in a warm house with plenty of food to eat.  I thank You that you have given me so many blessings, especially my husband, my son, and all of my family.  I trust You to provide a solution in Your time, and I believe that Your timing is perfect.  

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad my posting spoke to you! As you turn to Him, and put Him first, I assure you that you will be richly blessed.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete