Oh, dear. Today's topic is "Earth Day Ideas for Kids and Families," and I am not very good at being eco-friendly. (When is Earth Day anyway? I know it's this month because I am excited for the Conscious Box this month, but...I forget which day it is.)
Here's my best go of it, but I think most of these are pretty obvious:
- Do something kind for a stranger.
- Go on a nature walk with a reference book to help kids identify plants, flowers, trees, birds, etc.
- Plant a tree.
- Plant a garden.
- Go to a farmer's market and talk about where all the food comes.
- Adopt a pet.
- Make your own ecosystem.
- Reuse something you would otherwise throw away, like this or this.
- Hang your laundry out to dry.
- Walk somewhere instead of driving.