Friday, April 5, 2013

Earth Day Ideas for Kids and Families

Day 5 of the April Blog Challenge from Green Moms Network:

Oh, dear.  Today's topic is "Earth Day Ideas for Kids and Families," and I am not very good at being eco-friendly.  (When is Earth Day anyway?  I know it's this month because I am excited for the Conscious Box this month, but...I forget which day it is.)  

Here's my best go of it, but I think most of these are pretty obvious:

  1. Do something kind for a stranger.
  2. Go on a nature walk with a reference book to help kids identify plants, flowers, trees, birds, etc.
  3. Plant a tree.
  4. Plant a garden.
  5. Go to a farmer's market and talk about where all the food comes.
  6. Adopt a pet.
  7. Make your own ecosystem.
  8. Reuse something you would otherwise throw away, like this or this.
  9. Hang your laundry out to dry.
  10. Walk somewhere instead of driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment