Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Life Before I Met My Husband

It's Day 2 of the Green Moms Network April Blog Challenge, and today's prompt is "My life before I met my spouse."  This is a great topic for today because today is our 8-year dating anniversary.  Jesse is on a business trip in Germany, so we are celebrating via FaceTime for now.

Before I met Jesse, I did not think I would ever get married.  I was so disillusioned with men that I approached every relationship with a great deal of cynicism.  I did not easily trust, and I got so tired of hearing premature utterances of "I love you" from men who were really just insecure that I just felt the whole thing was a crock.

Before I met Jesse, I was usually the only one who understood why I found certain things so funny.  If I tried to explain why something was funny, people looked at me like I was a little weird, which was probably true. There were a lot less belly laughs before I met him than after I met him.

Before I met Jesse, I got nervous driving in unfamiliar places, especially big cities.  Today, I think nothing of driving into Manhattan, but before I met Jesse, I would have been a nervous wreck.  I also had never lived in a major city and had only been living outside of (and a mere 10 minutes from) my parents' house for a short time.  I had never traveled outside of the United States and did not even have a passport.  I had not been on an airplane in about 8 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment