- Run a half-marathon. (I was planning to do this Labor Day weekend of this year, but when I got pregnant, I had to postpone. It's going to happen this year, though!)
- Visit the Grand Canyon.
Fly first class.(This one is going to be happening at the end of this month, thanks to my hubby!)
- Find a church I love in Virginia.
- Take a cake decorating class with my mom.
- Watch every movie on the American Film Institute's 100 Years...100 Movies list.
- Get back to my wedding day weight. (Yikes, long way to go, especially since I have 3 more months of growing a baby before I start my diet!)
- Make something on my sewing machine. (Hello, homemade cloth diapers!)
- Complete the 100 pushup challenge.
- Get a full month's worth of blog posts finished and scheduled ahead of time.
- Become a volunteer. (I am on my way to this one!)
- Read 50 books I have never read before.
- Collect 15 bottles of wine that I have not yet tried and save them to drink in my 30th year.
Own an aquarium with at least one fish in it.
- Get a massage.
- Take a picture every day for a month, then make the photos into a photo book.
- Send Christmas cards in time for Christmas.
- Find makeup that works for me and learn to apply it properly. (Yes, I know I am a little late to the game on this one, but better late than never.)
- Make homemade pickles.
- Make homemade wine.
- Make a homemade cake with fondant icing (and then eat it!).
- Get 5,000 Facebook followers for my blog page. (Yowza! That's a lot.)
- Kiss my husband in the rain.
- Put together a recipe list of at least 30 easy and fast recipes. (These don't have to be my own. They just have to be recipes that are fast so I can feel like I know what I'm doing in the kitchen from time to time.)
- Visit Monticello, Mount Vernon, and Great Falls National Park.
- Turn one of my photographs into a canvas print and hang it on the wall in our house.
- Do a one-week juice fast.
- Own 20 different cloth diaper prints, including at least one I made myself.
- Write to my Compassion children once a week for at least a month.
- Publish a devotional e-book.
Sunday, April 14, 2013
30 Things I Want to do Before I Turn 30
Today is my 29th birthday, and with the close of my 20s just a year away, I decided to make a list of things I have meant to do for awhile but keep putting off, with the goal of completing all of them before I turn 30. As I complete them, I will cross them off the list and write a quick post about each. The list is an idea I have seen a number of places, but I could not tell you where the idea originated or even where I first saw it. Please feel free to use any of these ideas for your own list!