This is a great recipe, super easy to make, and perfect for mommys who are home all day but have to spend some of their time chasing little ones around the house. I adapted it from another similar soup recipe to be made in the slow cooker. I typically start it in the morning and keep it going all day. The most important thing to remember is to stir throughout the day. Otherwise, the cheese can get a little funky.
2 cups of water
2 bouillon cubes
1 cup of Velveeta cheese, cubed
1-2 chicken breasts, cubed
1 1/2 cups of frozen chopped broccoli
1 Tbsp of garlic powder
Crushed red pepper to taste (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Turn slow cooker on low and add water and bouillon cubes. Allow bouillon cubes to partially dissolve.
2. While bouillon cubes are dissolving, partially cook chicken over medium-low heat until white on the outside. Remove from heat.
3. Add cheese, chicken, and spices to slow cooker.
4. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, STIRRING once every 45-60 minutes to ensure smooth consistency.
5. Add broccoli and cook for an additional 1-2 hours.
6. Serve and enjoy!