Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 8: I am thankful for my sister Emily

I got a phone call today from my sister Emily, who is currently in Florida vacationing with her husband and their two little girls.  She called because she had heard that I was having a heck of a time between work and a teething baby and very little sleep, and she just wanted to offer some encouragement.

Talking to her is always uplifting, and in the course of the conversation, I went from wiped out to wiped out but hopeful and even a little amused by the situation.  I know that she had plenty going on where she was, thanks to frigid temperatures that had cancelled their beach plans and forced them to find indoor amusement for the kiddos, but she was kind enough to call and check on me in spite of it all.

I always appreciate conversations with Emily, as well as her prayers and her insights, spiritual and intellectual.  She is also one of my favorite people to kick back with and enjoy a glass of wine and some classic corny television.  (Murder, She Wrote or Star Trek, anyone?)  As sisters and friends go, she is top notch.

On another note, I am also thankful for Blogger's backdating feature, since I am WAY behind on posting my 365 Days of Thanksgiving posts!  No one has to know.

1 comment: