Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 5: I am thankful for D and L

A few days ago, I wrote about being thankful for my mom after something happened that really upset me.  Without going into too much detail about that incident, I will share that what happened was that somebody stole a box out of my vehicle trunk while I was unloading it after Christmas.  Everything in the box was easy to replace, with one exception.  I had placed the picture of my son sitting on Santa's lap in that box in order to keep it from getting bent or wrinkled during our trip home.

I was so devastated to lose that picture, but fortunately I had taken a picture of the picture on my cell phone in order to add it to Facebook.  The picture is not great, of course, but it's better than nothing.

Upon hearing about this, however, a co-worker of my husband, D, who has a Santa suit offered to dress up as Santa and do a picture with our son.  So we went over to his home and did a replacement Santa picture, then had lunch with his wife, L, and two boys.

I am so grateful for this family.  When I was pregnant, I had a somewhat scary automobile breakdown on a very busy highway while traveling with our two dogs.  My husband was on a plane headed for Germany when it happened, and L was the one who came to rescue me.  We have been so blessed by both of these people, and I am so thankful to have friends like them.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow - that is so, so sweet! Bless D and L, whomever they are! Those are some good folks :)

    ReplyDelete