Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 2: I am thankful for my son

Day 2 of the 365 Days of Thanksgiving project is here, and today I am thankful for my son, Clayton Ramsey.  He is 5 and a half months old, and he is such a delight.  I never could have imagined how much I would love being a mom, but having him has changed my life so completely.

Now, it is so hard to think of what life was like before he arrived.  I mean, really.  What did I do with myself before he got here?

Clayton has been a very alert and vocal child from the very beginning.  I have a video of him talking away at just 3 hours old, and the older he gets, the more vocal he becomes.  I don't know if that is the result of me reading to my belly, something which I did fairly regularly, especially during the last few months of pregnancy, or if he just happens to be exceptional, but I love hearing his little voice.

I am grateful not just for his personality, which shines through more clearly every day, but also for his good health.  While I was pregnant, I prayed for him often and specifically asked for good health, good sleep, and a happy disposition.  So far, all of these have come to pass.  He has never been ill, he has been sleeping through the night since he was about 2 months old, and he is one of the most cheerful babies I have ever seen.

I continue to pray that God will bless my little boy with good health in the future, and I thank Him now for all the days of good health we have seen and will see.


No comments:

Post a Comment