Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 4: I am thankful for my home

I have never been a very neat person, and I have always hated to clean, but lately, I have tried to take on a new approach to housecleaning.  Instead of being annoyed that I have to clean or letting myself get overwhelmed with all there is to do, I now spend my cleaning time thanking God for all that I have.

For example, if I am cleaning out my closet, I thank Him for giving me plenty of clothing and shoes to wear.  Or, if I am cleaning out the fridge or organizing the cupboards, I thank Him for providing enough food to keep us from going hungry.

I also love our house.  I don't know what it is about this place, but I just love living here.  It is not a huge house, but it is pretty spacious, and it has a ton of storage space, including a finished basement.  The storage space in and of itself is pretty amazing, especially since we lived in apartments with hardly any space for such a long time.

I also love that we now have a backyard with a fence so that I can let the pups out without going out in the cold.  It would be rough trying to take them out every time they needed to go when I am home alone with he little man, especially when it is freezing cold.

What is really amazing about this house, too, is that we moved in just a month before our surprise pregnancy.  It was more room than we needed - 3 bedrooms - but the rent was cheaper than our much smaller apartment, so we went for it.  Soon after, we realized that we would be using that space after all.  After spending nearly 2 months looking at a ton of places, I am so happy that this is the one where we ended up.  Thank you, Jesus, for this home!  (And please help me keep it clean.)

No comments:

Post a Comment