Tuesday, October 15, 2013

30 Before 30 Challenge: #7: Get back to my wedding day weight.

May+Contain+Affiliate+Links

On my wedding day, July 2, 2011, I wore a size 0 dress, and I weighed 110 pounds.  Then I got married.  Within the first year of marriage, I rapidly gained 15 pounds and then crawled all the way up to 130 before deciding it was time to GET SERIOUS about losing weight.

I lost about 5 pounds, but I could not seem to drop the rest, due in large part to the fact that I often just fell off the wagon.  I LOVE food so much, and it is so hard not to eat yummy things, especially because healthy stuff never seems to really fill me up.  I end up hungry all day long, and being hungry makes me weak, physically and mentally.

I did experience some success when I started eating a lot of hard-boiled eggs for breakfast and lunch.  They would fill me up so that I could go a few hours without eating, and then I could still have a big meal in the evenings.

And then I got pregnant, and the whole thing went out the window.  I ate pretty much whatever I wanted, within reason (or sometimes not within reason, like the epic fried pickle craving day, of which I cannot speak without experiencing both pride and shame).  I gained about 38 pounds during the pregnancy, and my weight topped out around 164.  

Once my son was born, I lost most of that weight in just a few weeks.  He was more than 10 pounds of it, and I was breastfeeding, so it was easy to drop.  But then I hit 133 pounds and just stopped.  For more than a month, I sat at 133 pounds, not gaining or losing anything.

Yesterday, my mom called me and said she was going to be trying to lose some weight and asked me to help hold her accountable and encourage her.  I was inspired and decided that it is time to get myself motivated and start losing the rest of this weight.  Coincidentally, yesterday was my half-birthday, which means I have exactly 6 months from yesterday to reach my wedding weight in order to accomplish #7 on my list of 30 things to do before I turn 30.

My first day was a rough one because I ended up eating way too much and then having to stay up late exercising in order to even things out.  I chose a calorie goal of 1,350, which I think is probably reasonable, but I ended up so hungry last night.  I was already discouraged by this morning, but when I did my weigh-in at 10:45 - according to my Wii Fit, I should weigh myself at the same time every day - I discovered I had lost 1.8 pounds since yesterday.  I realize some of that is probably water weight, but it is most likely excessive water weight since I did manage to get in my recommended 8 glasses of water yesterday.


Today, I am doing better, and I even ate some carrots this morning, even though I really do not like them.  I do miss being able to fit into my clothes, and I know that if I cannot lose the weight soon, I will have to start donating all of my itty-bitty clothes and buying bigger ones, and I just do not want to have to do that.

If you are interested in losing weight, join me on MyFitnessPal.com, and we can cheer each other on as we log our food and exercise!  Gooooooo team!

1 comment: