Monday, September 23, 2013

Week Two of the 100 Pushups Challenge

Well, I made it through week 2 of the 100 pushups challenge.  The program continues to be a major challenge, but so far, I have been able to complete all of the workouts as scheduled.  When I performed the initial test, I could only do 7, but after finishing this week's workout, I did 17 pushups in a row.  I am pretty excited about my progress, and it is so encouraging to see the results of my hard work.

I do have a few tips for anyone starting the program, all based on my experience thus far:

  1. Stretch, stretch, stretch.  Do a lot of stretching before and after every workout.  Doing pushups is really hard work, and if you do not stretch a lot, you will be really sore.  It's hard enough to complete the workout when you aren't in pain, but if your arms are hurting going into it, look out.
  2. Maintain a regular schedule with at least a day between each workout.  Don't try to do your workouts too close together.  You really need that day of rest in between workouts, and it will give your muscles time to repair.
  3. Take it one set at a time.  When you start each workout, just concentrate on completing each set.  Don't be intimidated by how many you have left to complete, and if you need to take a little extra time between sets, go for it.
  4. Find someone to do the challenge with you.  I tried to get my husband to join me, but he hasn't started it yet.  Although I don't have anyone doing it with me at the moment, he might join me, and I think it would be a great motivator to have someone with whom to compete.
Good luck with your own workouts, and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment