Monday, November 25, 2013

365 Days of Thanksgiving

I recently shared about working on my 2014 New Year's resolutions, and one of the things I was planning to do was to take time every day to stop and be thankful for something in my life.  The more I thought about this, the more I thought that I should find some way to plan and document it.  Thus was born the "365 Days of Thanksgiving" project.

I am hoping to get others to join me in this journey throughout 2014.  It is so easy to forget all of our conveniences and focus instead on what we do not have, but I have found that the more I stop and thank God for all the good in my life, the more I recognize and remember how wonderfully blessed I really am.  In 2014, I plan to do this every single day, and I hope that my readers will join me.

Each day next year, I will share what I am grateful for on the blog and invite readers to comment with what they are grateful for or with a link to a blog post of their own.  The more we see what others are grateful for, the more we will all realize how much good there is in our lives if we simply take time to acknowledge it.  (If you do a blog post, please label it with "365 Days of Thanksgiving" and include a link to my blog, as well.)  Let's see how far we can make the chain of thanksgiving go.

I encourage everyone to participate even if you only do so in private.  Take a moment to thank God out loud for something every day, and you will recognize your blessings and realize new blessings throughout the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment