Monday, July 1, 2013

Working overtime to induce labor naturally



I am currently 38 weeks and 3 days pregnant, and the doctors (and my reflection in the mirror) tell me I have a great big baby boy cooking in there, so I am quite eager to get him out before we hit a point of no return, and I have to have a c-section.  So for the last week or so, I have been trying everything under the sun to get my body in gear and get this little man out.

I am doing a lot of physical activity, with an emphasis on squats, stairs, and walking.  Yesterday, I did 250 squats, and today, I am aiming to hit that again and maybe even surpass it.  I also have stopped asking my hubby to do everything that requires a trip up or down the stairs.  Fortunately, the knee trouble I had earlier in my pregnancy is much better now, so going up and down the stairs is not too painful.

I am also drinking raspberry leaf tea and taking evening primrose oil.  I really do not know yet if either of these are working since I only just started them a few days ago, but at least they help me feel like I am doing something.

At my last doctor's appointment, 6 days ago, I was 50% effaced and dilated 1 centimeter.  I have another appointment tomorrow, so I am hoping that I will show some progress then.  Actually, I am hoping that I do not make it to that appointment and that I just go into labor today, but some progression in effacement and dilation tomorrow is the next best thing.  

I also found this great labor dance video, which if nothing else, really makes me laugh, both when watching it and when attempting to do it.  The best part about me trying to do it is seeing my dog Oliver come strolling into the room and just stare at me as though I've lost my mind.  It's hard to feel good about yourself when your dog is judging you.

No comments:

Post a Comment